Branding Background Music in Stores for Consumers
Unlocking music and having it create value in its art form, especially when used in a retail environment is especially critical these days. Ola Sars CEO of Soundtrack Your Brand the world’s fastest-growing music platform for B2B (background music market) shows us how. He feels that the value chain which supplies music has been broken, and the one who is affected by that is the creator of the music, the songwriter.
Ola Sars is a Stockholm based serial entrepreneur active in the music-tech space. He is the Founder and CEO of Soundtrack Your Brand, the world’s fastest-growing music-platform for B2B, which he co-founded together with Spotify back in 2014.
Before founding Soundtrack, he was the co-founder and COO of Beats Music, acquired by Apple and transformed into Apple Music, as well as the co-founder of Pacemaker, the world’s first DJ driven music platform.
Ola’s driving force behind his repeated efforts in transforming the music market comes from his conviction that music is undervalued as an art-form and that the music industry offers significant opportunity for value improvement and growth. Through his multiple start-ups in the music-space, he has focused on unlocking that intrinsic VALUE, both in B2C and now in B2B.
The soundtrack provides music for such diverse facilities as bars, restaurants, hotels, grocery stores, churches, gyms, offices, salons, spas, and any environment where there is foot traffic.
Soundtrack Your Brand is designed for you to have the flexibility to create your own playlists from scratch or choose from over 450 already created playlists that fit your needs. They have 50 million tracks in their inventory, which puts them on par with Apple Music and Spotify.
Their services cover such countries as North America, Asia Pacific, Africa, Europe, The Caribbean, Latin America, and the Middle East.
The Business Side of Music ™
© 2020 Beyond the Music
- Co-Produced & Hosted (by the guy who has a face for podcasting): Bob Bender
- Co-Producer, Creator & Technical Advisor (the man behind the curtain): Tom Sabella
- Director of Video & Continuity (the brains of the entire operation): Deborah Halle
- Editor (the “ums’ and “aahs’ removal guy who makes us sound good): Mark Sabella
- Marketing & Social Media: Kaitlin Fritts
- All Around Problem Solver: Connie Ribas
- Recorded at: The Bunker in Franklin, TN (except during the COVID 19 pandemic, then it’s pretty much done VIA Skype or over the phone, with the exception for those fearless enough to come to Bob Bender’s living room… and there are a few).
- Mixed & Mastered at Music Dog Studios in Nashville, TN
- Production Sound Design: Keith Stark
- Voice Over & Promo: Lisa Fuson
- Website: businesssideofmusic.com
- Stream or Download (free) businesssideofmusic.com
- To submit to be interviewed: email@example.com
- Sponsorship information businesssideofmusic.com/sponsor-affiliate/
Join our mailing list for show announcements, career advice, industry discounts, free gifts, and more. Like Free
Special Thanks to Tom Sabella and Traci Snow for producing and hosting over 100 episodes of the original “Business Side of Music” podcast, and trusting us to carry on their legacy.
For our disclaimer and all its details, please click on the applicable link on our website.