In today’s episode, we have DC Glenn from the multi-platinum hip hop group “Tag Team.” Their music has been featured on everything from having a #2 hit on the Billboard Hot 100 Charts (for seven weeks straight) with “Whoomp! (There It Is)”, Their music featured in such films as Elf, Shark Tale, Beverly Hills Chihuahua, and D2: The Mighty Ducks.
After the bright lights, big crowds, the record deals went away. After seeing his song “Whoomp” in the film “Elf” with Will Farrel, without his knowledge, and having to fight to get his share of the sync licensing owed to him, DC Glenn reinvented himself, went on to become a paralegal, and a commodities broker, with the mindset that he decided to run his life like a corporation.
Some of the things that DC talks about with us include:
- What Are You Going To Be? A Predator or a Prey?
- You Learn How To Learn
- Make Yourself invaluable
- Being good isn’t enough. Become Masterful.
- Learn how to transition from working in the music industry to working in the entertainment industry.
- How he developed a plan, he calls “Learn How To Learn” tactics
- Play offense and refuse to lose
- How the Pandemic was the greatest thing that ever happened to him
- There’s Always More Reasons to Move Forwards Than There Are To Move Backwards
- Co-Produced and Hosted (by the guy who has a face for podcasting): Bob Bender
- Co-Producer, Creator, and Technical Advisor (the man behind the curtain): Tom Sabella
- Director of Video and Continuity (the brains of the entire operation): Deborah Halle
- Audio/Video Editor Mark Sabella Midnight Express Studio Olian, NY
- Marketing and Social Media: Kaitlin Fritts
- Executive Assistant to Bob and Tom (the one who keeps us on track and our schedules straight) Tammy Kowalski
- All Around Problem Solver: Connie Ribas
- Recorded at: The Bunker in Franklin, TN (except during the Covid 19 pandemic, then it’s pretty much done VIA Skype or over the phone, with the exception for those fearless enough to come to Bob Bender’s living room… and there are a few).
- Mixed and Mastered at Music Dog Studios in Nashville, TN
- Production Sound Design: Keith Stark
- Voice Over and Promo: Lisa Fuson