New Music Platform that Provides a Recurring Income to the Artist
John Waupsh is the CEO of Nerve, which is a service in an app that is crafted to stream unique audio and video content, from your favorite artist. How this app is different from the others is that this one helps the artist make money.
Around 2012 he started Preservation Project, finding and releasing previously unreleased projects from artists, especially those that had never been discovered or signed to a record label. His goal is to reunite the lost artist or their estate with the lost music, as he collects royalties for them.
With Nerve, John and his friends got together and came up with the idea of creating a source somewhat like the Spotify model, except where independent artists can earn a recurring liveable wage off of their music. They’ve created a platform that allows independent artists to deliver music to their fans, and at the same time make money in the process. You can find more information on the Nerve music platform at www.nerve.fm
The Business Side of Music ™
© 2020 Beyond the Music
- Co-Produced & Hosted (by the guy who has a face for podcasting): Bob Bender
- Co-Producer, Creator & Technical Advisor (the man behind the curtain): Tom Sabella
- Director of Video & Continuity (the brains of the entire operation): Deborah Halle
- Editor (the “ums’ and “aahs’ removal guy who makes us sound good): Mark Sabella
- Marketing & Social Media: Kaitlin Fritts
- All Around Problem Solver: Connie Ribas
- Mixed & Mastered at Music Dog Studios in Nashville, TN
- Production Sound Design: Keith Stark
- Voice Over & Promo: Lisa Fuson
- Website: businesssideofmusic.com
- Stream or Download (free) businesssideofmusic.com
- To submit to be interviewed: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sponsorship information businesssideofmusic.com/sponsor-affiliate/
Join our mailing list for show announcements, career advice, industry discounts, free gifts, and more. Like Free
Recorded at: for now wherever its safe, sound, and quiet, especially during the COVID 19 pandemic, then it’s pretty much done VIA Skype or over the phone, with the exception for those fearless enough to come to Bob Bender’s living room… and there are a few). Some day we’ll get back into the studio, but not holding our breath for now.
Special Thanks to Tom Sabella and Traci Snow for producing and hosting over 100 episodes of the original “Business Side of Music” podcast, and trusting us to carry on their legacy.
For our disclaimer and all its details, please click on the applicable link on our website.
The music provided for this episode is from:
Artist: Grant My Wishes
Album: Relentless (2015)
Composer: Brie Marie