How does a record label or distribution platform work these days, especially in such parts of the world where the technology opportunities are quite different than in the United States or Europe? Is there a demand in other continents deemed worthy of creating outlets for artists to provide music on?
Diego Farias, the CEO and co-founder of the record label and music distributor Amuse explains how this music climate provides that platform and other features, allowing almost every artist to succeed in this ever-changing and challenging industry.
Amuse has been named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies and one of Europe’s hottest startups by the WIRED UK. As its creator, Diego spends his days bringing new perspectives to the music industry. Before Amuse, Diego was a part of Warner Music Sweden, taking the company to fully embracing music streaming. In 2017 he co-founded Amuse to answer one question: What would a record label look like if it started today?
Diego has previously spoken at conferences including DLD, Midem, Winter Music Conference, the A3C Festival & Conference, Amsterdam Dance Event (ADE), and Bogotá Music Market (Bomm). He was named to Billboard’s 2019 Indie Power Players List.
To find more information on Amuse and the services they offer, go to www.amuse.io
The Business Side of Music ™
© 2021 Beyond the Music
- Co-Produced and Hosted (by the guy who has a face for podcasting): Bob Bender
- Executive Producer, Creator, and Technical Advisor (the man behind the curtain): Tom Sabella
- Director of Video and Continuity (the brains of the entire operation): Deborah Halle
- Editor (the “ums’ and “aahs’ removal guy who makes us sound good): Mark Sabella
- Marketing and Social Media: Kaitlin Fritts
- Talent Acquisition and Scheduling (the keeper of the calendar) Tammy Kowalski
- All Around Problem Solver and keeper of the key to the vault: Connie Ribas
- Recorded at: The Bunker in Franklin, TN (except during the Covid 19 pandemic, then it’s pretty much done VIA Skype or over the phone, with the exception for those fearless enough to come to Bob Bender’s living room… and there are a few).
- Mixed and Mastered at Music Dog Studios in Nashville, TN
- Production Sound Design: Keith Stark
- Voice Over and Promo: Lisa Fuson
- Website: businesssideofmusic.com
- Stream or Download (free) businesssideofmusic.com
- To submit to be interviewed: email@example.com
- Sponsorship information businesssideofmusic.com/sponsor-affiliate/
- Join our mailing list for show announcements, career advice, industry discounts, gifts, and more. Like Free
- Special Thanks to Tom Sabella and Traci Snow for producing and hosting over 100 episodes of the original “Business Side of Music” podcast and trusting us to carry on their legacy.
For our disclaimer and all its details, please click on the applicable link on our website.
The music provided for this episode is from:
Artist: Whitney Wattenbarger
Single: Feel Like Home
Composer: Whitney Wattenbarger