Can music sometimes take the place of medicine? Is it beneficial for Alzheimer’s patients to listen to music? Can you improve the quality of your life with the advent of music into your daily routine? Is it possible to save the music education programs in our schools, and why is it needed?
These questions and many more are what we discuss with our guest Mindy Peterson.
A graduate of Aquinas College and a Nationally Certified Teacher of Music (NCTM), Mindy Peterson has an affinity for music and business. In 2019, Mindy combined her passions for music, advocacy, and education to launch the podcast, “Enhance Life with Music: A holistic look at music’s effect on our everyday lives.” As the show’s creator, host, and producer, Mindy explores the inspiration and power of music through the lens of science, medicine, sports, education, entertainment, business, service, and history. The show is in Chartable’s Top 200 Music Podcasts list for both USA (top 100) and Global lists and has downloads in 60 countries.
Mindy is the Arts Advocacy Chair of the Minnesota Music Teachers Association (MMTA), on the Board of West Suburban Music Teachers Association (WSMTA), and a member of many trade associations, including the Music Teachers National Association (MTNA) and National Federation of Music Clubs.
When not making, listening to, or talking about music, Mindy enjoys traveling, reading, and spending time with her husband and two teenage children.
LinkedIn @Mindy Peterson
The Business Side of Music ™
© 2021 Beyond the Music
- Co-Produced and Hosted (by the guy who has a face for podcasting): Bob Bender
- Co-Producer, Creator, and Technical Advisor (the man behind the curtain): Tom Sabella
- Director of Video and Continuity (the brains of the entire operation): Deborah Halle
- Audio/Video Editor Mark Sabella Midnight Express Studio Olian, NY
- Marketing and Social Media: Kaitlin Fritts
- Executive Assistant to Bob and Tom (the one who keeps us on track and our schedules straight) Tammy Kowalski
- All Around Problem Solver: Connie Ribas
- Recorded at: The Bunker in Franklin, TN (except during the Covid 19 pandemic, then it’s pretty much done VIA Skype or over the phone, with the exception for those fearless enough to come to Bob Bender’s living room… and there are a few).
- Mixed and Mastered at Music Dog Studios in Nashville, TN
- Production Sound Design: Keith Stark
- Voice Over and Promo: Lisa Fuson