Meet Miles Copeland. He grew up living worldwide in London, Washington, DC, and throughout the Middle East, particularly Syria, Egypt, Lebanon, Syria, Egypt, and Lebanon. At an early age, Copeland and his brothers were fluent in Arabic.
In 1978, Copeland became manager of his brother Stewart’s band, The Police. Copeland shepherded the group to become one of the biggest bands of the 1980s, peaking with a concert for 70,000 people at Shea Stadium and the number one single for 1983, “Every Breath You Take.” He continued to manage Sting through seven solo albums.
He went on to found I.R.S. Records through a deal with A&M Records. Copeland’s I.R.S. label had hits with the Buzzcocks, R.E.M., The Cramps, Fine Young Cannibals, The Bangles, and many others, including a number one album with his label’s group The Go-Go’s.
Miles now owns and operates CIA (Copeland International Arts), which includes the Bellydance Superstars, Celtic Crossroads, Otros Aires, Zohar, and Beats Antique. Much of the CIA catalog initially included Middle Eastern, world music, Irish, tango, flamenco, and Polynesian styles.
He’s also the author of his new book “Two Steps Forward, One Step Back,” which details his 50+ years in the entertainment industry.
- Co-Produced and Hosted (by the guy who has a face for podcasting): Bob Bender
- Co-Producer, Creator, and Technical Advisor (the man behind the curtain): Tom Sabella
- Director of Video and Continuity (the brains of the entire operation): Deborah Halle
- Audio/Video Editor Mark Sabella Midnight Express Studio Olian, NY
- Marketing and Social Media: Kaitlin Fritts
- Executive Assistant to Bob and Tom (the one who keeps us on track and our schedules straight) Tammy Kowalski
- All Around Problem Solver: Connie Ribas
- Recorded at: The Bunker in Franklin, TN (except during the Covid 19 pandemic, then it’s pretty much done VIA Skype or over the phone, with the exception for those fearless enough to come to Bob Bender’s living room… and there are a few).
- Mixed and Mastered at Music Dog Studios in Nashville, TN
- Production Sound Design: Keith Stark
- Voice Over and Promo: Lisa Fuson
#sting #keithurban #thepolice #milescopeland