Chris Christiansen, son of the founders, shares how it came about
Before the MTV Awards, The VH1’s, The Billboard Awards, and almost all of the other artist recognition shows, a couple of farmers from Iowa, along with a musician and a disc jockey, created the Academy of Country Music in a little bar in Hawaiian Gardens California.
Listen to Chris Christiansen who is the son of the founders, Chris and Mickey Christiansen, share how the ACM’s got started, and within a matter of a few years, became one of the most popular entertainer awards shows… still going strong 53 years later. Chris tells some behind the scenes stories from its early start with a potluck dinner, all the way to its present day event.
The Business Side of Music ™
© 2018 Lotta Dogs Productions
- Showrunner and Executive Producer Emeritus: Tom Sabella
- Producer and Host (the guy who has a face for podcasting): Bob Bender
- Co-Producer – Audio/Video Editor (the man behind the curtain): Mark Sabella
- Director of Video and Continuity (the brains of the entire operation): Deborah Halle
- Marketing and Social Media (all knowing): Sarah Fleshner for 362 Entertainment
- All Around Problem Solver (and Mental Health Therapist for us): Connie Ribas
- Recorded inside an old beat up Airstream Trailer located somewhere on what’s left of Music Row in Nashville TN (except during the Covid 19 pandemic, then it’s pretty much been accomplished VIA Zoom or over the phone, with the exception for those fearless enough to come to Bob Bender’s dining room… and there have been a few that have survived).
- Mixed and Mastered at Music Dog Studios in Nashville, TN
- Editing and Post at Midnight Express Studio located in Olian, NY
- Production Sound Design: Keith Stark
- Voice Over and Promo: Lisa Fuson
Special Thanks to the creator and founder of the podcast, Tom Sabella, along with Traci Snow for producing and hosting over 100 episodes of the original “Business Side of Music” podcast and trusting us to carry on their legacy.
If you would like to be a guest on the show, please submit a request to:
If you’re interested in becoming a sponsor for the show, let us know and we’ll send you a media / sponsorship kit to you. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org