Creating a Company that Can Survive the Pandemic… and the music industry
This company became creative during the pandemic, figuring out new ways to generate revenue to keep their doors open, and have the ability to pay their employees, all the while, expanding their footprint is not only in the music industry but also in the corporate world with their services.
There are still very vibrant fields of music out there that are thriving, including hip hop and R&B music.
They also operate Shut Down Art, which is designed to help the artist create packaging, concert posters, flyers, and any other graphics specifically designed for the working musician.
Ty Frankel started making rap beats from his home in Israel at just 14 years old & was soon on his way to creating Shut Down Media.
Since inception in 2017, Shut Down Media has grown into a powerhouse, with divisions like Shut Down Production Music, Shut Down Art, and Shut Down Sync.
In only three years, Shut Down Media has worked with clients such as UMPG, Warner, NBA 2K, Fortnite, The Ellen Show, Mercedes-Benz, & many more.
Currently, Ty is working on expanding and growing his media brand with the addition of 6 new employees this year.
The Business Side of Music ™
© 2020 Beyond the Music
- Co-Produced & Hosted (by the guy who has a face for podcasting): Bob Bender
- Co-Producer, Creator & Technical Advisor (the man behind the curtain): Tom Sabella
- Director of Video & Continuity (the brains of the entire operation): Deborah Halle
- Editor (the “ums’ and “aahs’ removal guy who makes us sound good): Mark Sabella
- Marketing & Social Media: Kaitlin Fritts
- Executive Assistant to Tom & Bob: Meagan Droke
- All Around Problem Solver: Connie Ribas
- Recorded at: The Bunker in Franklin, TN (except during the Covid 19 pandemic, then it’s pretty much done VIA Skype or over the phone, with the exception for those fearless enough to come to Bob Bender’s living room… and there are a few).
- Mixed & Mastered at Music Dog Studios in Nashville, TN
- Production Sound Design: Keith Stark
- Voice Over & Promo: Lisa Fuson
- Website: businesssideofmusic.com
- Stream or Download (free) businesssideofmusic.com
- To submit to be interviewed: email@example.com
- Sponsorship information businesssideofmusic.com/sponsor-affiliate/
- Join our mailing list for show announcements, career advice, industry discounts, free gifts, and more. Like Free
Special Thanks to Tom Sabella and Traci Snow for producing and hosting over 100 episodes of the original “Business Side of Music” podcast, and trusting us to carry on their legacy.
For our disclaimer and all its details, please click on the applicable link on our website.