The founder & General Manager of Inlight Records
On this episode, we talk with Rick Lloyd, who is the founder & General Manager of Inlight Records, a record company based on developing info-mercials to sell music. Rick shares his insight into the recording studio, and how it has transitioned over the past 40 years, and helps us look into the future as to where it leads us, and its place in today and tomorrow’s music scene.
Rick Lloyd has been working in the music business for well over 4 decades. In that time, he has worked in the recording studio, producing (along with playing guitar) for such artists including Billie Jo Spears, T. Graham Brown, Loretta Lynn, Stella Parton, Eddie Rabbit, Tony Orlando, George Jones, and Crystal Gayle just to name a few.
The Business Side of Music ™
© 2017 Lotta Dogs Productions
- Showrunner and Executive Producer Emeritus: Tom Sabella
- Producer and Host (the guy who has a face for podcasting): Bob Bender
- Co-Producer – Audio/Video Editor (the man behind the curtain): Mark Sabella
- Director of Video and Continuity (the brains of the entire operation): Deborah Halle
- Marketing and Social Media (all knowing): Sarah Fleshner for 362 Entertainment
- All Around Problem Solver (and Mental Health Therapist for us): Connie Ribas
- Recorded inside an old beat up Airstream Trailer located somewhere on what’s left of Music Row in Nashville TN (except during the Covid 19 pandemic, then it’s pretty much been accomplished VIA Zoom or over the phone, with the exception for those fearless enough to come to Bob Bender’s dining room… and there have been a few that have survived).
- Mixed and Mastered at Music Dog Studios in Nashville, TN
- Editing and Post at Midnight Express Studio located in Olian, NY
- Production Sound Design: Keith Stark
- Voice Over and Promo: Lisa Fuson
Special Thanks to the creator and founder of the podcast, Tom Sabella, along with Traci Snow for producing and hosting over 100 episodes of the original “Business Side of Music” podcast and trusting us to carry on their legacy.
If you would like to be a guest on the show, please submit a request to:
If you’re interested in becoming a sponsor for the show, let us know and we’ll send you a media / sponsorship kit to you. Contact us at email@example.com