Nashville based based guitarist and entrepreneur, Phil Shouse has quite the story to tell. He’s a Rock guitarist in a Country music town, who’s toured with the likes of Gene Simmons and Ace Frehley of KISS, along with heading up his own band “Accept”, in addition to being a part of “Thee Rock N’ Roll Residency”. In addition to that, he’s also a business owner with “Mutt Merch”. Phil shares his story of how he’s made the music business become successful for himself, and working with John Adams in developing a game plan to build a retirement nest egg, which for an independent artist can be quite a daunting task. He also discusses having two plan “A’s” in place, where he focuses on making two ventures successful at the same time.
Also joining us is special guest host John Adams from Money Concepts. John also has his own podcast that he co-hosts with Bob called “2 Dudes Talk Money and Music”. John shares how he got Phil set up with a retirement program, that’s affordable.
The Business Side of Music ™
© 2022 Lotta Dogs Productions LLC
- Showrunner and Executive Producer Emeritus: Tom Sabella
- Producer and Host (the guy who has a face for podcasting): Bob Bender
- Co-Producer – Audio/Video Editor (the man behind the curtain): Mark Sabella
- Director of Video and Continuity (the brains of the entire operation): Deborah Halle
- Marketing and Social Media (all knowing): Sarah Fleshner for 362 Entertainment
- All Around Problem Solver (and Mental Health Therapist for us): Connie Ribas
- Recorded inside an old beat up Airstream Trailer located somewhere on what’s left of Music Row in Nashville TN (except during pandemics, then it’s pretty much been accomplished VIA Zoom or over the phone, with the exception for those fearless enough to come to Bob Bender’s dining room… and there have been a few that have survived).
- Mixed and Mastered at Music Dog Studios in Nashville, TN
- Editing and Post at Midnight Express Studio located in Olian, NY
- Production Sound Design: Keith Stark
- Voice Over and Promo: Lisa Fuson
Special Thanks to the creator and founder of the podcast, Tom Sabella, along with Traci Snow for producing and hosting over 100 episodes of the original “Business Side of Music” podcast and trusting us to carry on their legacy.
If you would like to be a guest on the show, please submit a request to:
If you’re interested in becoming a sponsor for the show, let us know and we’ll send you a media / sponsorship kit to you. Contact us firstname.lastname@example.org