The Wedding Singer. We’ve all seen the movie with Adam Sandler. But in the real world, being in a wedding band is more than just playing the first dance. It’s about not only having the right setlist, but also having the right members of the band, the right production, and the right mindset when it comes to doing business. Mike Zabrin is doing all of that and more.
Originating from his original music band, Mike Zabrin’s Funktastic, he performs every year on WGN Midday News, WGN’s Nick Digilio Show, and with notable write ups in Bass Player Magazine, Jazz Corner, and hundreds of world-wide publications. His albums feature members of Kool & The Gang, Fishbone, and more.
A graduate of Columbia College Chicago, Mike had his start playing the blues, Throughout college, he toured with Chicago Blues Hall of Famers playing at staple blues venues like Kingston Mines and Buddy Guy’s Legends. During this time, and an advocate for music education, Mike was the GM of School of Rock.
Mike took his band to hundreds of venues and festivals. Over 40 Park Districts have Funktastic for their Summer Concert Series and they’ve opened for national acts like WAR.
Having the best musicians Chicago has to offer under his wing, Mike took the wedding and corporate event industry by storm with his company, Funktastic Productions.
The Business Side of Music ™
© 2022 Lotta Dogs Productions LLC
- Showrunner and Executive Producer Emeritus: Tom Sabella
- Producer and Host (the guy who has a face for podcasting): Bob Bender
- Co-Producer – Audio/Video Editor (the man behind the curtain): Mark Sabella
- Director of Video and Continuity (the brains of the entire operation): Deborah Halle
- Marketing and Social Media (all knowing): Sarah Fleshner for 362 Entertainment
- All Around Problem Solver (and Mental Health Therapist for us): Connie Ribas
- Recorded inside an old beat up Airstream Trailer located somewhere on what’s left of Music Row in Nashville TN (except during pandemics, then it’s pretty much been accomplished VIA Zoom or over the phone, with the exception for those fearless enough to come to Bob Bender’s dining room… and there have been a few that have survived).
- Mixed and Mastered at Music Dog Studios in Nashville, TN
- Editing and Post at Midnight Express Studio located in Olian, NY
- Production Sound Design: Keith Stark
- Voice Over and Promo: Lisa Fuson
Special Thanks to the creator and founder of the podcast, Tom Sabella, along with Traci Snow for producing and hosting over 100 episodes of the original “Business Side of Music” podcast and trusting us to carry on their legacy.
If you would like to be a guest on the show, please submit a request to:
If you’re interested in becoming a sponsor for the show, let us know and we’ll send you a media / sponsorship kit to you. Contact us at email@example.com