Born in Romania, raised in Germany, and now living in Los Angeles CA, classical guitarist and instructor Mircea Gogoncea joins us on the show. As an teacher of the instrument, Mircea believes that its important to start at an early age when learning the craft. This is where the company Tonebase comes in.
The company which has been described as “Netflix meets Masterclass”. has a firm belief that knowledge is meant to be shared. The passing down of information from one generation to the next is the only way a culture can continue to develop and grow. Nowhere is this more true than in music. Without a great teacher, students at every skill level cannot progress sufficiently. That is why it is crucial for all students to have access to the best instructors possible through every stage of their musical development. Unfortunately, for too long, the knowledge of the world’s greatest musicians has been accessible to only a select few – those with the necessary talent and funds to attend the most elite universities and conservatories. At tonebase, their mission is to change that standard by democratizing high-level music education around the world. By combining music, passion, and technology, we aim to build the go-to resource for anyone learning an instrument anywhere.
Mircea Gogoncea is a Romanian-German guitarist based in Los Angeles. He has performed in over 350 concerts on 5 continents and has been awarded 169 prizes. His interactive concerts feature own compositions for guitar, live electronics, and audience participation, challenging the traditional separation between the roles of performers and listeners. He holds six university degrees, including a Doctor of Musical Arts from USC. He is Head of Guitar at tonebase, the leading online music education institution.
Music played on this episode:
Song: “Sonata K380, L.23”
Songwriter: Domenico Scarlatti (1685-1757)
Performed by: Mircea Gogoncea
Song: “Theme and Variation from The Mariner’s Tale”
Songwriter: Ashley Lucero
Performed by: Mircea Gogoncea
The Business Side of Music ™
© 2022 Lotta Dogs Productions LLC
- Showrunner and Executive Producer Emeritus: Tom Sabella
- Producer and Host (the guy who has a face for podcasting): Bob Bender
- Co-Producer – Audio/Video Editor (the man behind the curtain): Mark Sabella
- Director of Video and Continuity (the brains of the entire operation): Deborah Halle
- Marketing and Social Media (all knowing): Sarah Fleshner for 362 Entertainment
- All Around Problem Solver (and Mental Health Therapist for us): Connie Ribas
- Recorded inside an old beat up Airstream Trailer located somewhere on what’s left of Music Row in Nashville TN (except during pandemics, then it’s pretty much been accomplished VIA Zoom or over the phone, with the exception for those fearless enough to come to Bob Bender’s dining room… and there have been a few that have survived).
- Mixed and Mastered at Music Dog Studios in Nashville, TN
- Editing and Post at Midnight Express Studio located in Olian, NY
- Production Sound Design: Keith Stark
- Voice Over and Promo: Lisa Fuson
Special Thanks to the creator and founder of the podcast, Tom Sabella, along with Traci Snow for producing and hosting over 100 episodes of the original “Business Side of Music” podcast and trusting us to carry on their legacy.
If you would like to be a guest on the show, please submit a request to:
If you’re interested in becoming a sponsor for the show, let us know and we’ll send you a media / sponsorship kit to you. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org