Music is intellectual property, but when the music industry and the tech industry have tried to come together in the past, there have been legacy issues. History has dictated what you, as the content creator, have at your disposal to get it out there to the masses.
Oscar Höglund, Co-founder and CEO of Epidemic Sound, a MusicTech company that’s paving the way for creators to use music to take their videos to the next level while simultaneously supporting musicians both financially and creatively, chats with us regarding how there are other options out there, beyond relying on the traditional method of getting your music played, and most importantly, how to capitalize off of it in the process.
The Business Side of Music ™
© 2021 Beyond the Music
- Co-Produced and Hosted (by the guy who has a face for podcasting): Bob Bender
- Co-Producer, Creator, and Technical Advisor (the man behind the curtain): Tom Sabella
- Director of Video and Continuity (the brains of the entire operation): Deborah Halle
- Editor (the “ums’ and “aahs’ removal guy who makes us sound good): Mark Sabella
- Marketing and Social Media: Kaitlin Fritts
- Talent Acquisition and Scheduling (the one who keeps us on track) Tammy Kowalski
- All Around Problem Solver and keeper of the key to the vault: Connie Ribas
- Recorded at: The Bunker in Franklin, TN (except during the Covid 19 pandemic, then it’s pretty much done VIA Skype or over the phone, with the exception for those fearless enough to come to Bob Bender’s living room… and there are a few).
- Mixed and Mastered at Music Dog Studios in Nashville, TN
- Production Sound Design: Keith Stark
- Voice Over and Promo: Lisa Fuson
- Website: businesssideofmusic.com
- Stream or Download (free) businesssideofmusic.com
- To submit to be interviewed: email@example.com
- Sponsorship information businesssideofmusic.com/sponsor-affiliate/
- Join our mailing list for show announcements, career advice, industry discounts, gifts, and more. Like Free
Special Thanks to Tom Sabella and Traci Snow for producing and hosting over 100 episodes of the original “Business Side of Music” podcast and trusting us to carry on their legacy.
For our disclaimer and all its details, please click on the applicable link on our website.
The music provided for this episode is from:
- Artist: Hemp and Denim
- Single: House of Love
- Album: House of Love
- Composer: Hemp Meadows / BMI
- Website: www.hempmeadows.com